Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wine Wednesday Awesomeness Week 4!


After a few weeks off, I am back!
Things have been nuts around my neck of the woods and I have been slacking on the blog life due to it. But today I am here today to review a wine that I am hoping you all will like as much as I do!

I decided I would finally review Green Fin for you wine lovers!
From the back of the bottle :

“This Green Fin White Table Wine is made entirely from organically grown grapes. This pale straw colored wine has very intense orange blossom and honey aromatics while delivering a full rich body with a core of pear and nectarine flavors followed by a smooth aftertaste that’s long and focused. Savor the flavor of this organically grown white table wine with your favorite meal or by itself. Enjoy!”




This is one of my all time favorite cheap wines. I love it for many reasons but the main reason but the I love it is the FOUR DOLLARS price tag! You read that right! Four dollars for a GOOD bottle of wine!
Green Fin is a nice table wine from Trader Joe's and according to the label, is made entirely from white organic grapes. That is a plus for me because I try to go organic as much as possible. Even in wines!
The first few tastes are a little sweet and some might want to compare it to a Riesling but it is not as sweet as a Riesling can be. It has a nice crisp taste that lingers and smells yummy, too!
A little bit of peachy and appley if you will.
I paired this wine with a salad that was loaded with apples, chicken, almonds, dried cranberries and avocado. I'm in diet mode because I have a tweetup with Lindsey in Scottsdale and I need to get my svelte on!
This pairing was really great and it brought out some good flavors with the apples and the chicken. It wasn't too over powering and it even made a salad taste yummy!

I give this wine
5 corks because I love it! I bought this wine due to the label for the first time a few months ago and I am so glad I did. It has become my go to wine for dinner parties, afternoon cocktails, and a leisurely drinks with friends on my patio.
If you are lucky enough to have a Trader Joe's in your area you need to go out and by this wine! For 4 dollars you can't loose. And if you hate it, well it was just 4 dollars! Wine Win!

Did you write a wine post this week?
Check out Lindsey and Alyson's posts this week and show them some love!

i do not condone excessive use of alcohol. drink at your own risk.
Party this is strictly for fun and for my blog. i did not get paid for this review and bought the bottle on my own.
if green fin and trader joe's wants to send me a lifetime supply though, i am cool with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...